If you want to offer in-app purchases in your Purple DS iOS app, you need to establish a connection between Purple Manager and the Apple App Store.
There are 2 setup steps required:
- Validation of purchases (shared secret)
- Server notifications
1. Validation of purchases
To protect against fraud, purchases are validated against the Apple App Store.
- To set up validation of purchases against the Apple App Store, first follow Apple's official instructions.
- Then, store the shared secret in Purple Manager in your team under Settings:
Important: Validation must be set up at least once per Apple App Store account.
You can use different App Store accounts for different apps within the same Purple Manager team.
If you have apps in different App Store accounts, you must set the shared secret in the basic settings of the affected apps.
2. Server Notifications
App Store Server Notifications are a mechanism to receive notifications from Apple when there is a change in a user's permission within your app. These notifications allow us to respond immediately to changes in the subscription status.
Important: This setup must be done for each individual iOS app in order to use Apple App Store subscriptions with Purple Apps.
If there are any points that are unclear, please refer to the official Apple App Store documentation for more information.
- Access the app in App Store Connect.
- Under General, open the App Information
- Scroll down to the General Information section and find the URL for App Store Server Notifications input field.
- Enter one of the following URLs there (depending on the environment you are using) :
- Click Save