In order to use services from Firebase like Cloud Messaging, In-App Messaging, Analytics or Crashlytics you need to connect your Purple DS Android app with the Firebase Console.
Please follow our step-by-step guide to get connected quickly!
Setting up a Firebase Project
In order to quickly setup a Firebase project please follow these steps. If you already have a Firebase project you can continue to the Android app integration chapter.
01. Set a name for your project
02. Set up Analytics (or skip if you want to add it later)
02a. Selecht Google Analytics account
03. That's it
Add Firebase to your Android app
To connect your Firebase project to your Android app the following steps need to be done:
01. Click on the gear icon and open Project settings
02. On the Your apps tab click on the Android icon
03. Fill inn your Android Package name (The Package name in Purple DS) and optional your App nickname.
04. Please ignore the following steps (2-4) by clicking "Next/Skip this step" until the project is created. In the general section of your project you can download the google-services.json
05. Now please click on the Cloud messaging tab
06. Please copy the Server Key for the Cloud messaging setup in the Purple DS Manager
Enabling Firebase in Purple
After you have successfully finished creating your project and all necessary assets we are now switching to the Purple DS Manager where the following steps need to be done:
01. Got to the Push/Analytics section within the Manager
02. Activate all Firebase checkboxes and upload the google-services.json from Firebase
03. Activate Manager Push and and fill in the Server Key you copied in step 6 from the Firebase setup