Firebase: an existing Firebase Project
Purple Manager: Package Name of your Android App
To connect your Firebase project to your Android app the following steps need to be completed:
01. Click on the gear icon and open Project settings.
02. On the "Your apps tab" click on the Android icon.
03. Add your Android Package name (The Package name in Purple DS) and your App nickname (optional).
04. Please ignore the following steps (2-4) by clicking "Next/Skip this step" until the project is created. Now you can download the GoogleService-info.plist file in the General tab section "Your apps" of the project settings.
05. Now please click on the Cloud messaging tab.
06. Please copy the Server Key in the Project Credentials. You will need it for the Cloud messaging setup in the Purple DS Manager.
Activate Firebase in Purple
After you have successfully finished creating your project and all necessary assets we are now switching to the Purple DS Manager where the following steps need to be done:
01. Go to the Push/Analytics section within the Manager.
02. In the Firebase Configuration, open the Android Basic Settings. Activate all Firebase checkboxes and upload the google-services.json from Firebase as configuration file.
03. In the Manager Push Section, open the Android Basic Settings. Activate Manager Push and and paste in the Server Key you copied in step 6 from the Firebase setup.
04. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Save". Your Android app is now connected to Firebase.