In this article, you learn, how to switch the configuration in Purple Manager from Google Analytics Universal to Google Analytics 4 for your Web Kiosk Analytics.
As Google Universal Analytics will be replaced by Google Analytics 4, we recommend you to perform the switch until July 1st 2023 the latest. Universal Analytics properties will no longer process new hits after this date, so you risk losing data if you don't make this change in time.
- A Google Analytics 4 property has been set up. To achieve this, follow the external article from Google: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/9304153
- Have your 'Google Analytics 4 Measurement ID' by hand. To copy it from your account, follow the instructions in the external article from Google: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/9539598?hl=en
1. Click on Purple Manager – Apps - Overview
2. Click on the three dots
3. Click on 'Consent/Push/Analytics'
4. Scroll down to 'Analytics'
5. Click on 'Web'
6. Click on 'Basic Settings'
7. Go to 'Google Analytics' and check the checkbox next to '03. Enable Google Analytics 4'
8. Next to '04. Google Analytics 4 Measurement ID' click on 'Overwrite'
9. Next to '04. Google Analytics 4 Measurement ID', paste your Google Analytics 4 ID in the entry field
10. Click on 'Save'
After switching to Google Analytics 4 in the Purple Manager and adding an appropriate Google Analytics Property (the ID starts with 'G-'), all actions performed in the Web Kiosk are tracked. Tracked data can be seen in the reports view of Google Analytics one day later. The information can be seen almost instantly under Reports/ Realtime.
If you wish to disable Google Analytics Universal first, to avoid possibly doubled tracked data, disable it by unchecking the checkbox '01. Enable Google Analytics (Analytics Universal)' in step 7.