Each Purple DS App has dynamic content, that can be updated at any time in Purple DS Manager. Changes in the dynamic content are delivered into the app without creating a new build and are independent from an app submit.
For an upload please go to the Dynamic section, which you can access via the "More Info" menu (three dots) in Purple DS Manager.
The overview page of the dynamic content consists of two areas: Preview Content (red) and Release Content (blue)
- Use the down arrow icon to download the latest dynamic content for preview or live
- Use the up arrow icon to load the current dynamic content into the app for preview or live
- The Reset to Default button deletes all changes you have made (Caution!)
- Copy as Release Content (In the red preview area) copies the preview content to the release App
- Copy as Preview Content (In the blue preview area) copies the release content to the Preview App
The change history allows you to manage the dynamic contents provided so far. The following fields are available.
- Date: Upload date and time of the dynamic content
- User: Purple DS user who uploaded the file
- Preview/Release: shows in which app the dynamic content has been loaded
- Max Version: Here you can set which app version should use which dynamic content
In the Appstore Version 3 of your app is available for all customers. You now want to provide version 4, which contains new settings that have to be reviewed by the platform providers.
So for the current dynamic content of version 3 you set Max Version 3
For the version 4 which is under review, you can then simply upload additional live content.
This means you will have 2 live content files. One being the Maxversion 3 for Appversion 3 and the other being the content provided afterwards (without setting a Max Version) for Appversion 4.
The other columns in the table are:
- Type: specifies the type of dynamic content (upload or copy)
- Filename: the file name of the Zip file given by the Purple User
- Template: not relevant
- Status: Shows with a blue arrow when the dynamic content is available in the respective app
- Down arrow: Here you can download the corresponding zip file