Purple DS apps offer the option of using custom icons for the menu used in the app (accessible by clicking on the menu icon in the top left corner or with a screen swipe from left to right).
If you want to use custom icons, you will need them in 3 different versions so they can be displayed properly on all devices.
Usually the format *.PNG is used, because the icons contain transparent areas. The required formats for the icons are
- PNG image with 120x120 pixel dimensions and with the file name: <iconname>@3x.png
- PNG image with 80x80 pixel dimensions and with the file name: <iconname>@2x.png
- PNG image with 40x40 pixel dimensions and with the file name: <iconname>.png
You want to create your own icon for the menu item Imprint. To ensure that the menu entry looks good on all device types, you must have the following 3 image files ready.
- firstname.lastname@example.org, with the dimensions 120x120 pixels
- email@example.com, with the dimensions 80x80 pixels
- impressum.png, with the dimensions 40x40 pixels
Purple DS will choose one of the three image versions, depending on the device.
You can download sample Photoshop documents at the end of this article.