To submit an iOS app for review, you can either create a new app or update an existing app. For updating (resubmitting) an existing app, you can skip this section and continue with the following article.
- Registration: Apple Developer Account, App Store Connect
- Information: Team ID, App package name (from DS Manager)
Follow this step-by-step guide to prepare your app for the submit:
- Creating an Identifier (App-ID)
To create a new app, open the following link in your Apple developer account and create an identifier. You'll need the identifier is later when you set up the app in AppStore Connect.
To do this, first click on the "+" symbol
- Fill out the required fields
Please select the item App-ID and fill out the fields as follows:
- App ID Prefix: Usually the Team ID is selected here
- Description: A unique description should be stored here
- Bundle-ID: Please select "explicit" here and then enter the package name of your app from the Purple Manager - this should be in accordance with Apple's specifications.
- Capabilities: Here you can select the App-ID specifications. Usually only "Push" is selected here.
- After adding this information please click Next and then Register.
- The App-ID will be added to the identifier list
5. Creating the App in AppStore Connect
The next step is to log in to AppStore Connect, so that the app for the store entry and the subsequent submit can be created here.
6. First click on the "+" sign in the upper left corner of the "My Apps" area and then on "New App".
7. In the following window, the required fields must then be created as follows:
- Platform: iOS
- Name: The name of the app as it is displayed in the App Store
- Language: The language in which the app is primarily used
- Bundle-ID: The identifier created in the developer account is selected here
- SKU: Unique name of the app
- User Access: Select Full Access
Once you have filled everything in, click on "Create" to finish.
You have now successfully created a new app and can use the following article to create the necessary certificates