Release Notes 3.9 for Purple DS Apps (04.Mai.2018)
Modified on: Wed, 23 May, 2018 at 1:50 PM
More improvements for better loading behaviour of new articlesDear Purple DS® user,
The new App Build Template in Purple DS Manager offers many small improvements to optimize the loading behaviour of app content. This way, your app users have even faster access to all articles.
Here we have summarized the most important updates of the Purple DS Suite.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions! email@example.com
- Get crazy with your app name – apps may now contain any sign within its name
- Customised web newsstand login & logout page possible via individual URL redirect
- Improved link target handling – 3 options are available
- Android: New icon and colours for push notifications
- iOS: “Restore Purchase in Subscription” can now be added as item to the subscription screen
Please also note that in the future, all content in the web newsstand will only be played out via a secure HTTPS connection. Please make sure that all external web resources (images, fonts, videos, websites) delivered by a domain other than purplemanager.com are integrated into the content via HTTPS.
To activate these new features, please ensure you use the most recent App Build Template “Standard 3.9” in the Purple DS® Manager.
Further information can be found here.
In addition, we would like to point out important changes regarding the future support of older app build templates, about possible complications regarding an update to High Sierra as well as the necessary steps to further receive the release notes.
Keep creating your DIGITAL JOURNEY with us!
|Get crazy with your app name – individuality comes first|
- Apps may now contain any sign within its name
- Now any utf8 sign is allowed for app name.
- Old templates will support this behaviour as well
- Results in faster load times
Customized web newsstand login & logout page possible via individual URL redirect
- Forward to a custom URL when performing a login or logout in the web newsstand
- Link target can be controlled via request parameter purple_web_kiosk_target
- Manager Property: Web Newsstand Login URL OR Web Newsstand Logout URL
Preparation for data protection regulations – HTTPS it is
- In the future, all content in the WebKiosk will be played out via a secure HTTPS connection.
- It is technically necessary that all external web resources are also integrated using HTTPS.
- Please make sure that all external web resources (images, fonts, videos, websites) delivered by a domain other than purplemanager.com are integrated into the content via HTTPS. If you have any questions or need support, please contact our Customer Care Team.
- Web newsstand documentation
User experience & improved loading times
- Atomic newsstand synchronisation to fetch specific issue data instantly without a full newsstand synchronisation - so you can also use the latest articles in the newsfeed via push notification to generate reach; Example user case:
- 1. The customer publishes a new issue and sends a new push notification (which contains e.g. the issue id)
- 2. When a user opens the app via push notification, the newsstand is not full synchronized yet (new issue is unknown)
- 3. At this moment the app tries to fetch the new issue data instantly from backend (without a full newsstand synchronisation)
Improved link target handling – 3 options are available
- Links can now be configured to open in same web view, in-app browser or system browser
- Links will by default open in same web view
- (1) Links with target=”_blank” will open in in-app browser
- (2) Links with target=”_blank” and data-target="external" will open in system browser
- (3) New action-url for opening links in system browser
- Full detailed documentation can be found here
New icon and colours for push notifications
- Text and icon colour can now be changed via a new property
- Path: Push / Android / Basic Settings / Push Icon Accent Colour in Android Message Centre (Device)
More improvement for loading times
- Web views no longer unload when app is paused
- Audio elements will be paused manually by the app
Restore Purchase in Subscription
- “Restore Purchase in Subscription” can now be added as item to the subscription screen
- Same behaviour like “Restore all purchases” in publication filter
- Configurable over manager property: Newsstand Design / iOS / Expert Settings / Subscription (App Stores) / 08. Show “restore purchases” option
|Future support focused on App Build Templates 3.8 and higher|
The updates of Android and iOS operating systems require relevant adaptations for many apps and features.
In order to provide you with the best customer service at all times and to ensure that your apps meet the latest standards and work on all common mobile devices, we are bundling our strengths and are investing more in development.
Accordingly, we will only guarantee latest innovations for the latest App Build Templates from now on. In concrete terms, this means that we will only implement and test App Build Template 3.8 and higher with regards to new features.
We therefore recommend that you always use the latest App Build Template. This ensures that all features work smoothly on all mobile devices.
|iOS Update: Supporting iOS 10 and higher - a new era of mobile devices|
We officially say goodbye to the ipad 2. With the new release we will only support iOS-based devices running on iOS 10 and higher.
Please get in touch with us if you have further questions.
|Using Purple DS products on MacOS High Sierra (v. 10.13)|
SPRYLAB is currently advising against an update to the operating system version High Sierra, which was released by Apple on September 25th, in analogy to other renowned software providers such as Adobe or Steinberg.
With the currently not yet stable version of the operating system, there may be functional restrictions in connection with High Sierra for products such as the Purple DS Composer.
SPRYLAB will inform you of official support for High Sierra as soon as a stable version has been released by Apple.
Data protection laws - your support is neededPlease confirm your interest in our Purple DS release notes by visiting the link below and confirming your email.
Just like everyone else, we are preparing our processes and services to adhere to the new data protection regulations. We will be ready in time and will soon be back to give you more detailed information on anything you need to know in case you are a Purple DS customer.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.