Content is created and managed independently in the app framework and is arranged in several layers.
You can see the published publications and newsfeeds in the Manager menu under "Publications" (1). Publications or news feeds exist independently of an app.
(2) "Publication Title": name of a publication or newsfeed
(3) "Used in Apps": A publication or newsfeed can be assigned to several apps. If something in this publication or newsfeed is changed then it takes effect in all apps that contain them
(4) "Issues": This number shows the number of issues with the publication contains.
(5) "Trash" icon: This icon can be used to delete publications.
(6) "New": With this button, you can create a new publication (!).
(7) The search field allows you to search through the list or publications.
There is a subdivision into a newsfeed and newsstand. Both categories are displayed differently in the app.
- The Newsfeed is for article-based content. A newsfeed can contain any number of articles. There can be several newsfeeds that exist in parallel in app. The division and size of the tiles can be specified in dynamic content.
- The Newsstand is published in content-related content such as magazines or brochures. A publication can contain as many issues as you wish. Several publications can exist in parallel in a newsstand.
- With an app with newsfeed and newsstand, you can decide for yourself what the starting point of the app should be
- At least one publication and issue will always be required before you can add projects from the Composer. This also applies to "single-issue" apps (one-time publication)
- If you upload content via the Sync Workflow from Purple DS Composer (tutorial video https://youtu.be/I_PoaU-0PHg ), you can create the correct structure there