Purple DS supports the embedding of files in MP4 and MP3 format.
You can easily embed a video directly into the project by dragging it directly to Purple DS Composer’s stage from the Finder and save it there.
- Alternative, you can insert a placeholder (“Video Element”) from the toolbar (left) and place it in the desired size.
- Double-clicking on the element opens the Finder, and you can select the corresponding file.
In the inspector (right), you can make additional settings in the “Widget Properties” (circle icon) menu.
- “Autoplay”: This makes the video start automatically when the user opens the page.
- "Pause when off-screen": If you start a video and you scroll down or up till 50% of the video isn't visible anymore. The video will pause and start again if you see more than 50% off the video.
- “Show controls”: If you activate this option, the video player’s control elements will be displayed.
- “Loop A/V”: With this option, the video is played in an endless loop.
- “Start delay (Frames)”: Here you can configure the delay for video start. Enter the desired number of frames.
- “Fullscreen: Allow fullscreen toggle”: This lets the user switch between a fullscreen display and reduced display.
- “Start Behavior”: Define here whether the video directly switches to fullscreen mode from reduced display.
- “Stop Behavior”: Define here whether the video directly switches from full screen mode to a reduced display at the end.
- “Orientation”: With this option, you can specify whether the video rotates with the device rotation (“Dynamic”) or only in portrait format (“Portrait”) or in landscape format (“Landscape”).