This workflow outlines the steps required for the submission of your app to the Apple App Store. These include; creating the certificate, constructing the release version, the Apple App Store entry and the submission of the app for review.
As a basic requirement, you need both an Apple Developer Account and an iTunes Connect account. You will also need the "Xcode" tool from the Mac store.
In general, we strongly recommend that you test the app, including all features and content, before creating and submitting a release version. Please use the preview version of the app for testing.
Apple Developer Account (Creating and managing certificates)
- Create an App ID
- App Build P12 certificate (distribution certificate)
- Push P12 certificate (APNS) for push notifications
- Provisioning profiles
iTunes Connect (App Store Entry)
- Create the app store entry
- Create subscription service and in-app purchase
Purple DS Manager (Data for app building and connection between Manager and iTunes Connect for in-app purchases)
- Enter app build P12 certificate in "Build Settings"
- Enter push P12 certificate in Push
- Enter iTunes Shared Secret into "Team" for in-app purchases
- Check data and functionality like app design, analytics, entitlement and translations as suggested in the attached sample checklist
- Build release version of the app in Purple DS Manager
- Download IPA file on your computer
- Upload IPA file through "Xcode" into iTunes Connect
Wait for review and approval from Apple (5-10 work days)